Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday,Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday & the Missing Day Inbetween

   So today while working on a custom order, I was thinking that I need to start some kind of "post-holiday" Sunday shopping event. Spend Your Money Sunday? I don't know, something along those lines. I am all for supporting small local business and making do with what you can, but I sometimes think this whole holiday shopping thing is getting a little out of hand. 
  I will be hitting up some local craft fairs and talented local folks for the majority of my gifting. My kids always enjoyed a local toy store called Reindeer Pause, so I will be heading that way for some quality toys. My husband on the other hand will be frequenting Wal-mart *sigh* hoping to get as much as humanly possible for as little as humanly possible. We just aren't on the same page. We never have been when it comes to things like this. And that's okay. It's not the end of the world. My kids will get thoughtfully crafted toys and mass produced crap. It's just the way it goes and they will be fine.
  On a less "soap-boxy" note, I have added a super cute pair of fleece longies to the shop. I wish I made them bigger since this was the last little scrap of my houndstooth and I really wanted them to fit the boys once I started working on them. I love them.


Well here's to a happy holiday and enjoying the days with those that make the holidays all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. It's a struggle around this time of year for non-consumerist types. I'm lucky my husband and I think alike on this (now if only I could get him to go veg...) but his family are a little over the top... Huge "Santa Sacks," pitying glances to our perfectly happy 3yearold, as if we're depriving her. When we're with his sisters its even worse- About 4 or 5 gifts to her kid for our kid's 1. It's quite tedious.

    ReplyDelete