Saturday, October 3, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

So I am finally home! It feels great. We were only gone for 4 days, but being away from home gets to me more and more lately. I don't like leaving the critters and really, a 10 hour drive with 3 kids is no fun.

We went to Kenai to visit The Yimmy's parents. We all get along really well and they were so happy to see the kids. The Yimmy and I even got a half hour to ourselves while grandma and abuelo watched the kidlets.

We stopped in Anchorage for some appointments. Stinker and I got to view the town on our own, so that made for a nice leisurely afternoon. It was cool out, about 40F, but really sunny and just all around beautiful!



Resolution Park, Anchorage, AK

Stinker at Resolution Park, Anchorage AK

Downtown Anchorage, AK


4th Ave. Theater Built in 1941




Stinker with a Stuffed (not real) Grizzly



An old Alaska Native Cemetary in Cantwell, AK. (I have this thing with old cemetaries, weird, I know.)


Isn't Alaska just beautiful? Now I know why I decided to stay here and start my family!



Anywhoo, not too much crafting going on. Getting readjusted to being home takes a while. I whipped up a hat/scarf/mittens set for Thing 1 to give a classmate for her birthday. I did it all this morning and the party started at 4. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. But really, I've always been that way. I don't see it changing anytime soon. And because I am such a procrastinator, I loaded up everyone minutes before the party started, and completely forgot a pic of the gift. Oh well.


These are the stuffed letters that I'm making for Stinker for Christmas. They are pretty basic, but seem to be good for little grabby hands. And who are we kidding, I have so much free time, that I thought hand embroidering each of the eight letters was a smashing idea. P.S....I'm only on the third one. I basically freehanded the letters to his name on the pages of an old calendar. I traced them onto some scrap fabric I had in my bin and a pair of his Daddy's too tight jeans. I am stuffing them with the insides of a ripped (and ugly) throw pillow. I then just popped them (or should I say just it?) into the washer/dryer and gave it the frayed edges. He has already stolen it more than once and so I think they will have to go out of reach until christmas!


And lastly I will leave you with a parting pic of Stinker in a hat I crocheted for him while I was pregnant. There is something so surreal about seeing him wearing it. I look back to just a few months ago, and I had no idea what he would look like, or if he was even a he. I couldn't be happier with the little chunklet that I had. He amazes me everyday. I crocheted that hat with A. Not really knowing how to crochet, just kind of making it up as I went along and B. the impression that it was much bigger than it is and that he would wear it next winter or so. I know now that there is nothing else in life that I would want to do or be other than being his mom. All the other things are just extra now, and frankly not nearly as important to me as I thought they once were. I love you Stinker Linker Poopy Tinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment